Senior Living Marketing Stats You Can’t Ignore
Finding a senior living community takes time, knowledge, and patience. Fortunately, seniors have many choices when it comes to senior living communities.
For senior living community owners and operators, creating a successful marketing strategy is one key to building a successful brand and obtaining a competitive edge in the market.
Senior living marketers follow changes and trends in the industry to develop marketing campaigns that will attract customers who will benefit from their services.
For senior living marketers, knowledge is power!
The following are significant senior living marketing stats you can’t ignore.
Senior Living Consumer Buying Journey Stats
Anytime a consumer realizes they need a specific product or service (senior living or care), they begin searching for the best solution for their unique situation; this is called the buyer’s journey.
Most senior living research is started with an online search, most likely on Google or Facebook, and decisions are usually made by the adult children of seniors, especially those needing assisted living or memory care.
According to recent Google Data, assisted living and senior living are the most popular searches.
Understanding the steps consumers take to find a senior living community is critical to attracting potential residents and families and showing them why your community is a better choice than your competitors.
Buyer journey stats you shouldn’t ignore:
- 75% of consumers begin their search for a senior living community online, making your website and online marketing efforts critical.
- There are 6,000 online searches related to senior living and senior care every hour in the United States.
- 83% of consumers read online reviews for care services, and 85% say the overall average star rating of a business was essential, according to a 2020 BrightLocal survey.
- Organic search is used by 39% of senior living consumers to find a community.
Critical Senior Living Digital Marketing Stats
Digital or online marketing is one of the most powerful tools to turn prospects into residents. Digital marketing is second only to referrals as a lead generation source.
Check out these mind-blowing digital marketing stats:
- With the high amount of online searches, it’s not surprising that 68% of senior living marketers consider their community website their most effective marketing medium.
- Your website must be mobile-friendly! 77% of people aged 50 and older use smartphones, and a whopping 60% of website visits are from smartphones.
- Video marketing is a powerful digital marketing tool for communities. 73% of consumers prefer to learn about a service by watching a short video.
- Social media platforms, especially Facebook, are a must for connecting with potential and retaining current residents. According to Pew Research Center, nearly 50% of adults 65 and older use Facebook.
- Senior living technology has grown since 2020. Investments in virtual care and digital health skyrocketed between 2017 and 2020.
Senior Living Conversion Stats
Your marketing and sales teams work together to ensure the success of your community.
For these departments having relevant industry information is crucial to attracting, engaging, and converting prospects into residents.
- Senior living sales representatives can expect a long sales cycle. The average sales cycle is 120 days for independent living residents and 70 for assisted living.
- Sales representatives should contact senior living leads quickly. The odds of reaching an interested prospect decreases by more than ten times after the first hour.
- The average senior living and senior care industry conversion rate is 30%!
- 70% of senior living and care consumers prefer to speak with someone before making a decision.
Understanding how consumers look for, research, and choose a community is the first step to a thriving senior living community.
Sales and marketing teams must know about trends, changes, and buyer expectations in the senior living industry.
Your website and digital marketing efforts are among your most powerful marketing assets.
Sales teams must follow up with prospects quickly, diligently, and consistently.
In addition, Facebook is a popular medium for connecting with potential residents and building long-term relationships with current residents.
If you need help designing a senior living website, a professional marketing agency specializing in senior living can help.
These senior living stats will help you understand your target customer better and help you create marketing strategies that will build your brand, increase occupancy rates, and create happy long-term residents.